The Perfect Pressed Powder

29 January 2016

sleek make up pressed powder anika may everyday make up routine photography blog review
When looking for the right powder, it can be really difficult to find one that's the right colour, will blend well with foundation and has a light but long-lasting texture. After many months of use, I think I've finally found the right one for me.

sleek make up pressed powder anika may everyday make up routine photography blog review
I use powder everyday, and it's become a staple element in my make up routine. However, through years of routines and tests, I've found a lot of pressed powders can have a sand-like texture or feel like dust. Some powders are very difficult to use, and don't lift onto a brush easily. I often find the incredibly expensive powders are good for a short amount of time and do the job well, but can break easily or are just too awkward to use. 
sleek make up pressed powder anika may everyday make up routine photography blog review
Sleek's Luminous Pressed Powder is a great way to achieve that quick matte finish. It never results in shine and is extremely easy to apply. The compact powder is only £7.00, and can be found in drug-stores and supermarkets. The powder isn't made for heavy coverage, but is the perfect tool for on-the-go or an everyday routine. Luminous is available in four basic shades, yet they blend very well with many different foundation types. Liquid foundation alone can often grow quite greasy throughout the day, so I matte-out my face using this powder and never have to re-apply. 
sleek make up pressed powder anika may everyday make up routine photography blog review
The one thing I like about this powder, other than the price, is how high quality it is. Previously I've spent a lot of money trying to find a good powder that will fit in my make up bag and doesn't crumble after being knocked around a little bit. The size and application sponge have made this powder easy for touch-ups and I use the little mirror inside almost every day. I love that Sleek do not test on animals and that the powder contains SPF 15 in all shades, so I'm protected under the summer sun. In my opinion, this product is one of the best I have used and is an amazing price. The Luminous Pressed Powder is really light to wear and lasts a long time which makes it worthy of the "Perfect Pressed Powder" title!

13 comments

  1. I have never used Sleek products before but heard about how great they are

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! I've been wanting to try something from Sleek for ages but I wasn't sure what! I'll have to give this a go x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really lovely! I like that it contains SPF 15 as well. Great review!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey great blog post :) I love blogs like this !! keep up the good work :)

    come say hi !!

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    NewVideo

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sleek, could spend an absolute fortune on it, and I like how you presented the powder!

    Meme x

    http://www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard about these so much! Never tried one's before. Have to add these on the list of things to try out :-)

    <3: Jasmin N | Little Things With Jassy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds dreamy! I love Sleek products, they're such great value for money and easily accessible xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sleek products so this product sounds great!! :)

    Happy Weekend!

    Love, Aline
    Fashionzauber.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post I recently just posted a similar one :) :) maybe you might enjoy my fashion blog :)

    www.laluafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sleek is so gooooooood and so affordable. I am gonna seek this one out - beautifully photographed and written post x

    Elese | elesedowden.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What shade did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought sleek would make such good pressed powder! Hopefully I will try it! thanks ;)
    http://london-vibes.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne