What to Do When You're Bored in the Office

10 July 2015

The busy ISA season has slowed down by quite a bit which means there's those odd few moments where I receive the opportunity to feel bored at work. I like to keep my mind active and busy, so its difficult to refrain from reaching the ultimate point of boredom. There are many sneaky tasks I can do without becoming the office slacker. I still complete my workload, but on occasion, there's just very little to do!

Write a blog post.
Writing is something I love to do. I aspire to develop my skills to the highest level and expand my vocabulary too. With a notepad on every corner, it's almost impossible not to jot down a few ideas that would otherwise get lost in the back of my mind. In fact, this post was written on a very slow Monday morning. It's easy to concentrate due to the quiet atmosphere and helps the time pass very quickly!

Stretch your legs.
I'm sure there's an office regulation that states a worker must move around every so often. This is also the ideal method to staying awake. I'm not suggesting a twenty minute stroll, but taking a few minutes to focus on our mind on something other than how dull the day is really helps. A short saunter is a quick fix and extremely beneficial in helping the time pass by. You could make a hot drink, and before you know it, it's 5pm.

Daydream.
The most dangerous but most enjoyable approach to passing time. It's a skill that I've mastered over the years, and I'm now at the point of being able to daydream about just about anything. In about five minutes, I can easily slip into another world without trying - granted I have completed all the tasks that need to be done for the day. Daydreaming is a last resort, but sure helps the clock tick faster.
photo credit

16 comments

  1. Hehe thanks for these great tips! I normally work on a blogpost or catch up on youtube secretly

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work on my blog too, and comment on other blogs I like :p in fact, doing this right now hahaa

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah great ideas when the office gets boring, especially on a friday afternoon!

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I'm bored at work I love to seek inspiration for my future blog posts, and read photography tips!
    xx
    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading blogs & watching youtube videos (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I end up writing a lot of blog posts in my free periods at sixth form when I have no other work to do! It's a shame I don't have any sort of computer at work as well otherwise I'd get 10x more posts uploaded! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips! and yes, writing is life. I would like to expand my vocabulary and improve my writing. OOoo.. Daydream. I always do this, kind of dangerous too. (getting caught and stuff)

    Dice, '96 Wild Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your blog and i'm in love! Mind checking mine out, and maybe follow?

    -Michelle xx

    __
    instagram: @pastellights (www.instagramcom/pastellights)
    website: www.pastellightsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had more downtime at the office haha! I love to catch up on reading blogs on my lunch break! :)

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha well, I'm never bored at the office .. There's always something I can do. I'm a little jealous of you haha♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this list!

    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am forever jotting down blog ideas or posts on my phone in the office, oooops!

    Alice // Sheer Beautiful // Bloglovin' x

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha I remember those days
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne