My Top Travel Destinations

8 November 2016 London, UK

Technically, we’re nowhere near the end of the year – but I’m already feeling reflective and it’s time I do something about it… write a blog post. Anyway, it’ll be Christmas before we know it and then it’s New Years’ Eve and 2017 begins. I can’t wait, I think it’s going to be an awesome year. Anyway, I haven’t done an awful lot of travelling this year, and even though I’ve experienced so much more through blogging, I still miss jetting off somewhere nice. Believe it or not, I’ve only had one beach holiday in my entire life, and it blew my mind. I also went to Oslo in 2015 – best city ever. Still, there are many more places I want to go.


                   NEW YORK CITY, NY
Such an obvious choice. I feel like New York is a must-do in life. There are millions upon millions of people who are desperate to visit the island of Manhattan and I am one of them. It seems like to perfect place to visit, no matter what time of the year. Visiting the city would not only help me decide if I truly want to live there, but also get some amazing photos and act like Serena Van Der Woodsen for the day.

                        BOSTON, MA
If you know me well, you know I love Chris Evans (Captain America, not the BBC Radio 2 DJ). Guess where Chris Evans lives? Boston. But that’s not the only reason I want to go there (although it plays a big part)! One of my close friends recently visited and her photos were absolutely stunning! It seems like the calmer version of New York and I could end up moving there instead… to live with Chris Evans.
       
                        MADAGASCAR
I love the idea of being able to explore through deep jungles and fresh terrain. I think this country would be an amazing place to visit, simply because it’s such a beautiful place. The nature is untouched and still pure; there are national parks and every corners and animals I would never see in the UK or US. It seems like a great place to unplug from the world, and spend a few days relaxing in a rain forest. Plus, the film is hilarious.

                        KIRIBATI
The response I get from most people when I mention this is: “Where?!” Kiribati consists of 33 coral isles stretching along the equator and is part of Micronesia. Only 5,000 people visit each year, it’s actually one of the least visited countries in the world and most islands are uninhabited. There’s something about travelling to somewhere incredibly quiet that’s very peaceful. Plus, there’s plenty to do there, from scuba diving to surfing and birdwatching – I’d never want to leave.

                        BALI
I first heard of Bali when watching this awesome programme names Bondi Rescue. The lifeguards on the show really wanted to surf there, and so do I. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience in surfing and very little balance, but I know it would be such an amazing trip and an even better environment to fall in love with. From what I’ve seen on YouTube and Pinterest, the island basically looks like a paradise on Earth.

                        JAMAICA
Both of my parents were born in Kingston, Jamaica and I’m pretty sure I have some relatives there. Visiting the country would be eye-opening, as I would get to meet so many people and finally nail the accent I’m so ironically bad at. My mum always tells me of her adventures as a child and I want to experience the same ones while learning more about the culture there and tasting every piece of fruit I can get my hands on.

                        ICELAND
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the idea of Iceland. I love being in a new atmosphere, with the ability to explore and experience something new. But, I hate being cold. I can barely handle 10°C in the UK, so I don’t know how I’d manage anything 0°C! Yet, seeing an artic fox and baby seals in their natural habitat couldn’t be missed for the world. 




Where do you want to travel to? 

1 comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne