Military Summer

21 June 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Summer is always a season I tend to struggle with more because I do like the colder seasons, due to trends such as layering and darker colours which I am more comfortable with, but my fashion goal is to go out of my comfort zone so I do try to 'mix it up'. I'm always being told to wear brighter colours like yellow and orange because they contrast well with my skin tone but first I have to get used to standing out in a crowd. Sometimes I really enjoy pairing things together that would usually clash. For example, these acid wash jeans with dark boots. Jeans and boots are two items that I wouldn't normally pair together, but today is an exception. I also quite like the contrast between the brighter effect on the denim compared to the very dark tone in my boots. Distressed denim was such a huge trend throughout spring and ripped, torn or destroyed jeans and shorts are still immensely popular especially among celebrities. I really like the acid wash look because you get so many different shades of colour in one item. I think the 'speckled' effect is always unique in comparison to just ripped jeans at the knee. A favourite pair of jeans are always the perfect thing to throw on during an 'I have no idea what to wear' day, which happens to be today.
Have a great weekend!
Coat - Next
Jumper - homemade
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Boots - Brantano
Bag - gift

8 comments

  1. Wow, cool outfit <3
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog:)

    clumsy-daisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your outfit!
    I don't like bright colour as well...
    Maybe check out my blog?
    www.ratchetlia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! The jacket is beautiful!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for visiting me!
    This is such a perfect casual outfit x

    aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    p.s. Would love it if you could follow me on bloglovin x http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10832963

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing look!!!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC?
    Kisses darling!!!
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. bel post, baci Angelichic

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this coat, really suits you! x

    becschle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne