Bolder, Brighter...and Bluer

27 September 2016 Eldwick, UK

Everyone has a colour they always fall back on. The one colour that is certain to suit your skin tone or gives you that extra boost of confidence. Everyone has a colour. My colour usually black, but when I’m trying to encourage myself to let a little colour into my life, my colour is 100% blue. I try to stay away from navy blue (because it’s a little too close to black), so bright blue is totally my comfort colour.

I picked up this dress from TK Maxx in their end-of-summer sale for only £4 and it’s a piece I’ve had to pluck up the courage to wear. Mainly because it’s a unique addition to my wardrobe, my style is usually pretty straightforward and never over-the-top. Although I wouldn’t go as far as saying this dress is over-the-top, it’s definitely a little different for me.

The first thing I love are the flared sleeves, I haven’t worn flared sleeves since I was about 8! They’re just so much fun to wear, I spun around about 30 times before we actually got these photos taken. Patterns aren’t usually my thing either, I’m a pretty basic person (no word of a lie) so I dress quite simple when it comes to an everyday look. It was actually the patter (ft. colour) that drew me to this dress which was sat in a jungle of sale items and out-of-season styles. Cold shoulder tops are a new love of mine, after wearing this yellow top during the summer, I grew more confident in wearing them!
Despite summer being over, I’m still totally loving this discount dress. The colour is certainly my new safe colour, and although it’s bright I feel comfortable rocking it! Black accessories are idea for a dress like this because I didn’t want anything to take away from the pattern or colours. A white bag and shoes would run the risk of clashing with the sleeves and I’d never want that!
Dress // TK Maxx
Shoes // Converse
Bag // Topshop (similar)
What's your go-to/comfort colour?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne