Brilliantly Bold

6 November 2015

Sometimes dressing in in a bold dress on a dull day is what you need. The weather is gloomy ad winter is setting in so why not throw on some heels, your favourite jewellery and act like you're a total diva?

As this season does bring in the excuse to weather all-black all the time, I went with one of my darker dresses that still holds an element of excitement. I'm obsessed with the silhouette this dress provides as the thick band of elastic gives the impression that I have a really defined waist which is always a bonus. The half-sleeve and lace around the neckline are the perfect little touches to make this dress complete and help it to become the centre-piece of a look. I never really have to pair this dress with accessories, as they take away from the pretty print. Suede is one of my all-time favourite materials (alongside velvet) and I'll never say no to a suede shoe. These amazingly comfy wrap wedges were bought at the beginning of summer and have become my go-to shoe... so much that I bought another pair in 'Nude'! Comfort in heels is essential, and it's also really important I find shoes that elongate my legs and never make my feet look bigger. These wedges do the trick, and subtly match with the undertone colours in my dress.
Dress - Next (similar) // Shoes - Next (similar) // Watch - M&S // Other jewellery - various charity shops

7 comments

  1. I love the pattern of the dress so much!! And totally agree. Dull days need a bit of colour!

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Next has such a nice pieces of clothing! I am in love with the print of this dress and lace detail :) Great look fo sure :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look perfect;)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern of this dress! It looks both summery and autumny at the same time. It looks wonderful on you ;)

    Julia x
    Last post: my autumn makeup favourites! | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/11/my-favourite-autumn-makeup-products.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours of this dressing up for yourself <3 <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely dress. Looks really nice on you! Really! I love the colours, and like you said you don't need to pair it with any accessories and it's so simple but bold and elegant.

    josievictoriaa / fashion, travel and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shoes are beautiful! This entire outfit looks lovely on you!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne