The Perfect Movie Night

25 October 2015

There's nothing greater that to stay in and get cosy during Autumn. It's the perfect season to storm through your Netflix list or catch up on your favourite DVDs. An intimate night in is the perfect weekend idea and the best way to get together with friends and family for light-hearted fun. There are are a few essentials needed to make a movie night perfect:
The perfect TV
For a film night to be complete, you need something to watch the films on! The Panasonic Viera has recently caught my eye, mainly for the amazing 4K quality. I'm not as tech-savvy as I like to think, but when finding out about this 4K television, I knew it had the be included in my essentials. 4K resolution is a much higher quality than the standard HD most people settle with; plus, the idea of my future husband (Chris Evans) on a bigger and better screen is a win-win situation!
Snacks, snacks and more snacks
I couldn't imagine a movie night without a gallon of popcorn and a never-ending supply of sweets. Hot food is also a bonus for a great night in, the unhealthier the better. Pizzas and takeaways are the cheapest and quickest way to go without making too much of a mess. Autumn is the season for hot chocolate, and hundreds of mini marshmallows!
Little lights
As it gets a lot darker during this time of year, I always like to add a little splash of light the lift the mood during a film night. Fairy lights are ideal as they won't take away from the picture shown on the screen and will still create a great vibe and ambience in the room. I also adore candles (they're all I ever seem to talk about), so whenever I get an opportunity to light some Yankee Candles around the home, I jump at the chance. They'll also hide the greasy pizza scent that usually films the room.
Blankets and cosy cushions
For a cosy night in, the more blankets the better - bring a duvet if necessary. While the crazy cold breeze continues outside, a movie evening brings in the best warmth and any excuse to cuddle up in some faux fur. I love using massive cushions or beanbags to melt into and snuggle up in. They help to create a great atmosphere which is fundamental for a marathon of movies. 
Plenty of options
Sometimes it can be really difficult to find one film to watch that will satisfy everyone, that's why I always have a few alternatives up my sleeve or go for the all-out movie marathon. My little sister and I often plan ahead for what we'll watch. For a super girly night in, the classics are essential. However, no one ever says no to a little Disney all-nighter. Or if no one can decide, I'm perfectly happy to watch every Chris Evans film for the night.
Sunday evening is one of the best times to have a movie night before the big week of work ahead - let me know if you try it out at @itsanikamay
This post is in collaboration with Panasonic.

21 comments

  1. Both of you look so adorable! :3

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts
    Follow me! // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // Snapchat: katherineannika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great night!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my perfect autumn Saturday night in

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've just described the perfect movie night! Good options and good food ;) Also, I love your pictures here, you've taken them so well! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so cute, and it's a really great idea! I've got to have a movie night next weekend!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your onesies! xxx

    Ashleigh
    www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute post!!

    Epsita | www.thepositivewindow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss having movie nights with my cousins. Hopefully we could spend some time together soon. Great post! :)

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a perfect movie evening! Snacks are a must for sure and cosy atmosphere as well as a good company :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I laughed when you said Chris Evans is your future husband - happy to know I'm not the only to make weddings plans without the groom having a say in it :P
    Blankets are an essential for cosy nights in, comfy pj's too - yours are really cute!

    Julia xx
    Last post: my Birthday ootd! | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/10/birthday-post-im-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post. :) It sounds like a perfect evening.

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely post. Looks so cozy and fall/winter like!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good company, a good movie, some pop corn and I'm the happiest kid around :) Cute post, thanks for the tips.
    Ivona from www.thesmokedetector.net
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!!

    www.thefancyfashioncastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this post is so cute! and definitely, do not forget the snacks!
    and love the blog btw! if you get the chance i would really love it if you could take the time to check out mine and let me know what you think! (or maybe even follow? no pressure though!)

    have a great week, girl!

    love, rach.

    So, hi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Movie night is a must in our household! They're just too much fun, plus I love watching a good movie! What's our favorite?

    sisterblend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Movie Nights with my bff are a must!! I loved them so much!

    http://youngbooty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing post! I love the pictures:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!


    http://vladabush.blogspot.com/2015/10/overview-result-of-before-and-after.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne