Summer Ambition

16 June 2015

Summer has always been something I have battled with. But after experiencing a little taste of the travelling life, I think there's so much more to the season than I'm used to. I know summer as hayfever, busy cities and sweating all day. But to get me into the best mood for the season that's in full swing, I created a board on Pinterest named Summer Ambition, full of photos that remind me of how fun summer can be. 
Although I'm past the age of having three months off in the summer, there's still so much I want to do this year, despite being half-way through it. There aren't any beaches in Leeds that I'm aware of, but there is the occasional heat wave and BBQ opportunity that I'm not looking to miss. Summer is also the perfect time of year to experiment more with my style and actually try to add some colour to my all-black wardrobe. Shoes other than ankle boots can be worn and I no longer feel the need to go to bed at 5pm because it's dark out. One of my biggest summer ambitions is to take way more photos and blog even more. Between working full time, job hunting, blogging, writing and trying to experience absolutely every - I'm quite busy. But I can't wait until the sun hits the north and festivals break out.
What's your summer ambition? 

8 comments

  1. this is a great idea! hope you have a lovely summer :) xx

    je suis cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Summer is way too short to be spent indoors, so when the sun is out (if the sun ever makes its way to the UK), we should all make the most of it :D

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely board. I looove looking at summery pictures - they get me excited for the upcoming months! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos look awesome I love going to the beach and having bbq with friends during the Summer..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same as you hun! I live close to Leeds and long for summer days at the beach, but for now we will have to settle for warm weather in our gardens haha! Gorgeous images from your Pinterest pics.

    Hunter // paisley-stripes.blogspot.co.uk

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pinterest! You have amazing pin taste (is that a thing? it is now haha) Gorgeous post,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel summer is the best when I'm abroad. I'm already used to being where I live 24/7 so when I'm free I just want to go away as Sweden completely dies during the summer, especially in July. Your Summer Ambition board i goals tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One look at this post and I feel like booking a one way ticket to anywhere with a beach right now!! Literally Summer goals right here...but with more food involved :-)
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    http://segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne