GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer Review

8 May 2015

This review is coming from someone who know absolutely nothing about primers. I didn't start wearing foundation until I was around 17 because I was either too lazy or didn't really need it. But as I grow older, I use it almost everyday just to help my skin look even and smooth. GOSH's Velvet Touch Foundation Primer is my first ever primer buy and caught my eye simply because I appreciate the brand. GOSH Cosmetics is a brand I have relied on for a while, as they have a marvellous range of products at a high quality for a high street prices. As this was my first primer, I decided it's better be safe than sorry. 
I started using this primer at the beginning of April, and since then I use it every single day. The best way to describe it is 'velvety' as the texture is smooth without becoming oily and shiny - the opposite of what I wanted. I apply the primer using my fingers before applying any make-up to help it reach the full potential as the perfect base. The serum fills in any lines and pores I have on my skin, which helps create the flawless look with my foundation. My pores are much more visible just beneath my eyes, so I tend to use a little more primer there. What makes this primer the ideal base is that it doesn't take away from the colour of my foundation which I know can be common with high street brands. If anything, it enhances my skin tone and helps the foundation and powder blend a lot better. The Velvet Touch isn't difficult to remove and is perfume and preservative free, making it suitable for most skin types.

17 comments

  1. great review! i've never heard of this brand but ill have to look into it!

    xx emily | alwaysem.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great primer! I love Gosh but haven't tried this out yet xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this review and I don't have any products from this brand (and being a primer junkie, I want this!!!).

    Great Review :)

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to use this primer a while ago! Lovely review and great photographs!

    whatjodieloves.com

    Jodie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review, ill have to check it out

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this primer, I always forget to look at GOSH products but used to love them as a lot of them are such great quality. Will have a little look for this in Superdrug :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative. Been look for a good primer for awhile. Haven't seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great! I love the idea of a velvet finish as sometimes I find full-on matte primers a bit drying but I do get bad facial shine xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so curious about primers and it's becoming more and more intense after seeing so many positive reviews on them haha! I occasionally use foundation and so this sounds like a brilliant base - thanks for the brand suggestion! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge fan of primers--I use about 4-6 on any given day, mostly because I have super oily skin, so I always need something to help my base from sliding off. I've never tried anything from Gosh before. I'm partial to the Kat Von D lock-it featherweight primer. It's amazing!

    -Katherine
    http://thegreenbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I bought a primer but I rarely use it - this was a good reminder for me to pull mine out! This one looks pretty amazing - I could use a lot of help in the pore-filling department!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope this is available in our country. Great review btw. Thank you for your comment on
    Qing's Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have yet to try any of Gosh product but this primer might just be the right one for the beginning ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds fabulous! I don't use a primer as I've not found one which really agrees with my skin but totally need to give this one a try! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm constantly in search of the perfect primer! This one sounds fab, i'll be giving it a go!

    Ellie
    X

    Strut In Her Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never tried something like this, great review!

    Lately, "to be social or not to be social?!" on
    lb-lc fashion blog
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. GOSH honestly has such a great range of primers all around. Their Anti-Wrinkle primer is also such a goodie if you ever decide to try another one of theirs :)

    MAKE IT RAYNE
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne