Better Than Lipstick

2 February 2015 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I don't like wearing lipstick as a lot of the brands I have tried out tend to have sticks that fade after time. There are high quality lipsticks but they're too expensive for their size and use. After recently shopping at Marks and Spencer for their bronzer which I can use as power. They have a line there under the name of Lola, (official website) which I'm always open to trying. The "Makeup by Perse" line has just about everything I need for everyday make-up; however every so often, I like to add colour to my lips as a twist. Red is usually my go-to colour as I shy away from pinks and oranges. 

Their lip gloss which is available for £10 at M&S was the first thing I was drawn to due to the bright colour and simple packaging. The colour I chose is "006 Red" and I immediately loved the non-sticky texture which is common among most lip glosses. The trouble I have with lipsticks that don't cost over £20 is that they often dry out and dry out my lips in the process. The colour in this lip gloss is not too strong and over-bearing, but it also hydrates my lips without fading after a few hours. This gloss has genuinely become one of my favourites to keep this season.

5 comments

  1. These sound like some great budget options! Love a good red lipstick :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a red lip


    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good review on M&S lipstick, as I actually just found out they have a great range of makeup themselves xx The colour u've chosen looks lovely and I bet It'll look beautiful on u xx Hope u'll have a beautiful day 2mr, my lovely xx

    Hey I'm Back, Check Out My Latest Post On Fashion And The Geek

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne