Managing Motivation

15 December 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Finding motivation is always difficult. It's never something that has come easy to me, and as I've grown older I think I have become a lot lazier. But when I do get motivated or inspired, I feel like nothing can stop me from achieving this goals. On the other hand, procrastination is an easy mode to slip into. Searching for inspirational quotes and images on Tumblr isn't always enough. There are a few things that often motivate me, and can hopefully help others too.

The success of others.
In the words of DVF: "Every woman inspires another woman." This is one of my favourite things about blogging, there are bloggers who can inspire you to work hard and be successful yourself. Rather than looking at others with a jealous or envious eye, admire the hard work that was put in by them and use that as motivation to improve. Social networking is a great way to learn about the success of others, spending time on Instagram and YouTube always inspires me to write posts rather than procrastinate.

Move around.
Working at home can be the hardest way to get things done. Sitting under a duvet watching The Holiday while eating a box of Maltesers sounds ideal. But it's likely that I'll get anything else done. I live in a really quite village so I can always go down to cafes with wifi and get stuck in. There are little distractions outside the home, and during the summer, I often work in the garden just to feel a little more inspired.

Ask for help.
As an incredibly lazy ex-student, being bothered to do just about anything can be a heavy task. One of the best ways to start the day is alongside someone else. On occasion, my friends will ring me or drive over to my house which always helps. Having someone else set you straight is enough to help you focus. Sometimes, a little nudge can go a long way.

4 comments

  1. true...i like this quote
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. The success of others is often a double-edged sword. We can compare ourselves so much so that we lose sight of our own journey. Asking for help is key though! Fab tips, Anika. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I feel like everyone can learn from this.
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I have really been struggling with motivation lately, but I am really going to get back to blogging every day. Thankyou for writing this, it has really helped.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne