Blogging Events: My Essentials

24 December 2015

blogger essentials, flatlay, blogger event, london, travel essentials, travel kit, emma bridgewater
When attending a blogging event, I learned plenty. A lot of tips were around how to improve my blog, increase my traffic and take better photos. One thing I managed to learn on my own, is exactly what to take, what I'll actually use an what I'll never use. 

Whenever I travel anywhere that's considered long-distance, I will always bring a holder for my documents. When travelling my train or coach, the receipt or ticket is quite large and needs to be easily found in a bag full of nonsense. My ticket-holder is by Emma Bridgewater which is where you can find plenty of quirky but stylish items, perfect for gifts or treats. I love the simple layout, and the documents folder is full of pockets and zip parts so I can store everything in one place. When travelling somewhere distant for a blogger event or meetup, I would always keep my insurance (if applicable), tickets and receipts in one place. I also kept about £15 in the wallet for emergencies. 
blogger essentials, flatlay, blogger event, london, travel essentials, travel kit, emma bridgewater, iphone 6s, iphone 6, iphone 6s case, ipad mini, iphone, ipad, 64gb
It's very difficult for me to go anywhere without gadgets, but for a blogger meetup, they're essential. On some occasions, such as jobs or longer trips away, a laptop, portable hard drives and more than one camera may be necessary. For the shorter trips, I like to have my phone, to take photos quickly and use social media whenever I like. I bring my iPad Mini which I find more useful than the bigger iPads as they take up less room. An iPad is really useful for typing up blog posts on the go and browsing the web on a bigger screen. I will always bring my main DSLR Canon for the higher quality photos too.
blogger essentials, flatlay, blogger event, london, travel essentials, travel kit, emma bridgewater, national rail, business cards, ideas, card holder, travel holder
A huge necessity for networking are business cards. It's really easy to forget the names of blogs or people when there's so much going on. Carrying business cards helps people to remember your blog and contact details once they're done with the day and spreads the word too. When I returned from London after a whole day of talking the people, I found a case filled with business cards from bloggers and vloggers in the bottom of my bag. I was able to find these blogs and check out each one once I got home and they're much easier to remember! Business cards can also make or break a first impression, but I've found the simpler the better. 
blogger essentials, flatlay, blogger event, london, travel essentials, travel kit, emma bridgewater, notebook, paperchase books, pen, free pen
Taking a notepad and pen is an essential that varies depending on the event. Usually, there's a plan for the day; so if there's a sit-down discussion where notes need to be made, why not bring a pad and pen? I do like to take notes using the Word app on my iPad as I can sync it with my computer at home. However, sometimes I can make spelling mistakes without noticing and when I go back to read through, I have absolutely no idea what I'm trying to say. The classic notebook and pen is perfect for jotting the important bits down and making sure everything is accurate!

What are your blogging essentials?

12 comments

  1. I have an ipad too I find it so useful for on the go when I do not want to carry around my laptop!Happy Holidays ☺

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never went to blogging event yet! But when I do, I will most certainly bring my tabloid, phone, of course, and the most important documents of mine. If I will make some cards then I will bring those too :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely and relatable.
    had to follow! ;)
    Keep up the good work!


    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post, lovely essentials!!! Your blog is just amazing, loved it!
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! Keep up the good work :-)

    <3: Jasmin N | Little Things With Jassy

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely essentials ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed scrolling through your blog it could be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to a blogging event but I expect this post will come in very handy when I do go to one! Thank you for sharing your tips :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my goals in the new year is to get business cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your business cards! Also, thanks for the tips! Will surely refer back to this post if I get invited to events one day :)

    Elle | laorcabella.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne