Lace-Ups and Leather

14 September 2016 West Yorkshire, UK

I’m not big on cold weather, that’s probably the only down side to the summer ending. However, autumn means plenty more opportunities to wear my leather jacket, and I will always jump at the chance. I’m very passionate about leather jackets, as you will be able to tell over the next few months, and I can’t wait to dust off my collection and add to it.
I’ve always had a weird love for jackets, they’re so much fun to wear. It’s nice to be able to change the vibe of a whole look with one item, like a coat of jacket. Sometimes I can wear a leather jacket in a really casual setting, but also to something more formal. On the other hand, I can find blazer-style jacket or a collared khaki coat that is super stylish and little more chic. It all depends on my mood. For most days, a leather jacket will do for me, usually faux leather because it’s way cheaper and just as good.

I have recently become obsessed with these lace-up block heels from Next. Block heels are a big love of mine because they’re much easier to walk in that the barely-there sandal or even wedges. I never go for heels that are too high, in case I want to wear them in a casual setting like today. The first thing I was drawn to was the style, lace-up is on trend and easy to wear (I have a weird struggle with buckles). When the shoes arrived at my home, I realised they’re actually faux suede *heart eyes*, which always looks awesome against contrasting fabrics like denim. Because the colour is neutral, all the attention doesn’t have to be on the shoes and I can wear something with an eye-catching pattern, like this cotton tank top.

I managed to bag this top for £3 in the TK Maxx sale and have been bargain hunting in their stores ever since. It’s easily one of my favourites, simply because there’s so much stuff! I got a playsuit for £5 and another knitted jumper for £2! I was so excited about the new buys I tweeted around twenty times in five minutes, my followers were so confused. My top was a fun piece to add to the top over my favourite bright denim jeans and Topshop handbag. 
Top // TK Maxx
Jacket // Miss Selfridge (similar)
Jeans // ASOS
Shoes // Qupid at Next
Bag // Topshop (only available in red)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne